- Support the sub groups with the strands feeding into the food strategy: to support the development of education surrounding food origins; diet, public health and wellbeing; value of food.
- Collaborate with bodies such as DEFRA, LEAF and the Soil Association to link environment, farming and food production.
- Work with Rural Development Programme for England to identify LEADER funding and any other funding opportunities for agriculture, food and farming businesses.
- Collaborate with local authorities and stakeholders to advise on rural issues within the county.
- Devise and implement engaging initiatives and activities that will help promote, nurture and support improved skills for the longevity of a thriving rural economy.
- To enable business groups to share ideas, and to widen the reach of all represented efforts, utilising the Growth Hub and other available business support networks across the county.
Chair: Professor Jo Price – Royal Agricultural University
GFirst LEP Board Member: Mike Warner – Warners Motor Group
Katharine Cripps - Barclays Bank
Tamsyn Harrod - BoomCircle
Ben Compton - Bruton Knowles
Chris Lyons – Business West
Nick Dummett - Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE)
Graham Clark – County Land and Business Association (CLA)
Nick Waloff - Cotswold Taste
Jeremy Davies – Campden BRI
Bob Watters – Forest of Dean Local Action Group
Gill Reindl – Gill Reindl Consulting
Jill Matthew – Gloucestershire County Council
Claire Edwards – Gloucestershire County Council
Elin Tattersall – Gloucestershire Rural Community Council
Gareth Parry – Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust
Russell Marchant – Hartpury University
Simon King – Hartpury University
Charles Mann – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Graham Nichols – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Will Frazer – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Simon Weaver – Turnstone Farming Co Ltd
Janet Dwyer – University of Gloucestershire (CCRI)