- To bring together expertise within the rural sector.
- Collaborate with local authorities and stakeholders to advise on rural issues withn the county.
- Develop a sector based countywide strategy to support the growth of this sector, and supply chain if appropriate.
- Devise and implement engaging initiatives and activities that will help promote, nurture and support improved skills for the longevity of a thriving rural economy.
- To enable business groups to share ideas, and to widen the reach of all represented efforts, utilising the Growth Hub and other available business support networks across the county.
- Understand our rural sector.
Chair: Professor Jo Price – Royal Agricultural University
GFirst LEP Lead: Karen Campbell
Board Member Representative: Mike Warner – Warners Motor Group
Chris Lyons – Business West
Graham Clark – County Land and Business Association
John Mortimer – Country Land & Business Association
Nick Waloff - Cotswold Taste
Jeremy Davies – Campden BRI
Bob Watters – Forest of Dean Local Action Group
Jill Matthew – Gloucestershire County Council
Claire Edwards – Gloucestershire County Council
Elin Tattersall – Gloucestershire Rural Community Council
Roger Mortlock – Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust
Gill Reindl – Hartpury College
Russell Marchant – Hartpury College
Simon King – Hartpury College
Charles Mann – National Farmers Union
Graham Nichols – National Farmers Union
John Biddulph – NFU/CLA
Will Frazer – NFU
Simon Weaver – Turnstone Farming Co Ltd
Janet Dwyer – University of Gloucestershire (CCRI)