- To bring together expertise within the rural sector.
- Collaborate with local authorities and stakeholders to advise on rural issues within the county.
- Develop a sector based countywide strategy to support the growth of this sector, and supply chain if appropriate.
- Devise and implement engaging initiatives and activities that will help promote, nurture and support improved skills for the longevity of a thriving rural economy.
- To enable business groups to share ideas, and to widen the reach of all represented efforts, utilising the Growth Hub and other available business support networks across the county.
- Understand our rural sector.
Chair: Professor Jo Price – Royal Agricultural University
GFirst LEP Lead: Karen Campbell
GFirst LEP Board Member: Mike Warner – Warners Motor Group
Katharine Cripps - Barclays Bank
Tamsyn Harrod - Boomcircle
Ben Compton - Bruton Knowles
Chris Lyons – Business West
Nick Dummett - Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE)
Graham Clark – County Land and Business Association (CLA)
Nick Waloff - Cotswold Taste
Jeremy Davies – Campden BRI
Bob Watters – Forest of Dean Local Action Group
Gill Reindl – Gill Reindl Consulting
Jill Matthew – Gloucestershire County Council
Claire Edwards – Gloucestershire County Council
Elin Tattersall – Gloucestershire Rural Community Council
Gareth Parry – Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust
Russell Marchant – Hartpury University
Simon King – Hartpury University
Charles Mann – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Graham Nichols – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Will Frazer – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Simon Weaver – Turnstone Farming Co Ltd
Janet Dwyer – University of Gloucestershire (CCRI)