- Collaborate with bodies such as DEFRA, LEAF and the Soil Association to link environment, farming and food production.
- Work collaboratively to identify funding opportunities for agriculture, food and farming businesses.
- Collaborate with local authorities and stakeholders to advise on rural issues within the county.
- Devise and implement engaging initiatives and activities that will help promote, nurture and support improved skills for the longevity of a thriving rural economy.
- Support the sub groups with the strands feeding into the food strategy: to support the development of education surrounding food origins; diet, public health and wellbeing; value of food.
Chair: Claire Whitworth - Hartpury College & University
GFirst LEP Board Member: Emma Hanby - Campden BRI
Katharine Cripps - Barclays Bank
Ben Compton - Bruton Knowles
Louise Williams - Campaign to Protect Rural England (CPRE)
Thomas Mason – County Land and Business Association (CLA)
Bob Watters – Forest of Dean Local Action Group
Sarah Carr - Farm 491
Gill Reindl – Gill Reindl Consulting
Jill Matthew – Gloucestershire County Council
Carey Ives – Gloucestershire County Council
Barbara Pond – Gloucestershire Rural Community Council (GRCC)
Gareth Parry – Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust
Russell Marchant – Hartpury University/College
Simon King – Hartpury University/College
Charles Mann – National Farmers Union (NFU)
James Cox / Allison Ractliffe – National Farmers Union (NFU)
Katie Jarvis - National Farmers Union (NFU)
Janet Dwyer – University of Gloucestershire (CCRI)
Bryonny Goodwin-Hawkins - NICRE South West