Funding opportunities for Tourism Infrastructure
RDPE Growth Programme Calls for Tourism Infrastructure are now live.
26 January 2017
RDPE Growth Programme Calls for Tourism Infrastructure are now live here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rdpe-growth-programme
Funding is available for capital investments that will help grow and develop tourism in rural areas. The aim is for visitors to spend more time and money in the rural parts of the GFirst LEP area.
Priority will be given to projects that:
• create new or develop existing attractions particularly
o outdoor activities
o arts and crafts,
o local history and heritage
o local food and drink tourism and enhancement of and
• extend the tourism season for both the application business and the wider destination particularly for the tourism sectors shown in the priority above
• create infrastructure to develop outdoor activities particularly walking and cycling for both the Forest of Dean and Cotswold areas
• create at least one new full time equivalent skilled job in the applicant business
• develop the film and TV tourism offer in both the Forest of Dean and Cotswold areas
The Rural Tourism Infrastructure Handbook (which contains details for the Gloucestershire area - see page 43) and the Expression of Interest Form & guidance on completion can be found here. Applicants should deal directly with the Rural Payments Agency