- Assist the LEP in the development of the ‘Green Gloucestershire’ offering of the Local Industrial Strategy.
- Work with the South West Energy Hub by identifying energy projects and funding streams, collaborating with neighbouring LEPs in the South West when needed, to source funding for low carbon initiatives.
- To help develop a strategic, joined-up approach to the development of energy projects within Gloucestershire
- Support the LEP in ensuring that the Gloucestershire Renewable Energy, Engineering and Nuclear Skills (GREEN) project is able to deliver its ambitions to support the skills needs of the growing low carbon energy sector.
- Work with other LEP business groups to encourage and support Gloucestershire companies to measure and manage their greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Gloucestershire Sustainable Energy Strategy, Local Industrial Strategy and Carbon reduction ambitions of Local Authorities within the county.
- Please follow this link to see a copy of the Energy Strategy: https://www.gfirstlep.com/downloads/2019/gloucestershire-energy-strategy-2019.pdf
The CREDS (Centre for Research into Energy Demand Solutions) place-based carbon calculator was launched in July 2021. Designed by researchers from CREDS, it is a free tool that maps the carbon footprint of every neighbourhood in England. For more information and to visit the carbon calculator, click here.
IMPACT have also created a community carbon calculator - a visual representation of community carbon footprints to help communities to make informed decisions on their climate change activities. Find out more here.
Co-Chairs: Rachel Brain - Stroud District Council
Simon Pickering - Ecotricity
Dale Williams - BPE Solicitors
Mike Craggs - Bromford
Sorcha Anderson - Carbon Focus
Afriqnmun Lovejoy - County Climate Change Co-ordinator
Colum Ryan - Eco Mirage
Barry Wyatt - South Gloucestershire Council
Peter Wiggins – Gloucestershire County Council
Caroline Aistrop - Green Spark Marketing
Andrew McKenzie - Sustainability Specialist Advisor - The Growth Hub
Richard Hellen – Hermes Energy Services
John Hewitt - Hewitt Studios Ltd
Mark Eldridge - KIWA Ltd
Andy Slaney – Low Carbon Estates
Paul Swainson - Ramboll
James Clarke / Owen Callender - Severn Wye
Pete Barrett - SGS College
Jon Rattenbury - South West Energy Hub
Sean Spencer – Spirax Sarco
Christopher Springett - Spring Environmental
John Henry Looney - Sustainable Direction
Richard Harris - Sustainable Direction
Dr Jon Furley - University of Gloucestershire
Bethan Winter - Wales and West Utilities
Neil James - Western Power Distribution