- Assist the LEP in the implementation of the Green initiatives in the Local Industrial Strategy.
- Work with the South West Net Zero Hub and neighbouring LEPs to identify Local capacity low carbon projects to offer feasibility support.
- To help develop a strategic, joined-up approach to the development of energy projects within Gloucestershire
- Support the LEP in ensuring the Gloucestershire Renewable Energy, Engineering and Nuclear Skills (GREEN) project is able to deliver its ambitions to support the skills needs of the growing low carbon energy sector.
- Work with other LEP business groups to encourage and support Gloucestershire companies to measure and manage their greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Gloucestershire Sustainable Energy Strategy, Local Industrial Strategy and Carbon reduction ambitions of Local Authorities within the county.
Please follow this link to see a copy of the Energy Strategy: https://www.gfirstlep.com/downloads/2019/gloucestershire-energy-strategy-2019.pdf
The CREDS (Centre for Research into Energy Demand Solutions) place-based carbon calculator was launched in July 2021. Designed by researchers from CREDS, it is a free tool that maps the carbon footprint of every neighbourhood in England. For more information and to visit the carbon calculator, click here.
IMPACT have also created a community carbon calculator - a visual representation of community carbon footprints to help communities to make informed decisions on their climate change activities. Find out more here.
Co-Chair: Rachel Brain - Energy Saving Trust
Co-Chair: Simon Pickering - Ecotricity & Independent Enviromental Advisor
GFirst LEP Board Member: Ruth Dooley - Hazlewoods
Adam Kean / Douglas Armstrong - BPE Solicitors
Mike Craggs - Bromford
Sorcha Anderson - Carbon Focus
Colum Ryan - Eco Mirage
Afriqnmun Lovejoy - Gloucestershire Climate Change Coordinator
Peter Wiggins – Gloucestershire County Council
Caroline Aistrop - Green Spark Marketing
Richard Hellen – Hermes Energy Services
John Hewitt - Hewitt Studios Ltd
Robert Miles - Immersa UK Ltd
Paul Swainson - Ramboll
Sandy Hore-Ruthven - Severn Wye Energy Agency
Pete Barrett - SGS College
Jim Wrigley - South West Net Zero Hub
Christopher Springett - Spring Environmental
Rachel Geliamassi - Stagecoach
John Henry Looney - Sustainable Direction
David Trevelyan - Sustain You
Andrew McKenzie - The Growth Hub
Dr Jon Furley - University of Gloucestershire
Lewis Garvey - Wales and West Utilities
Neil James - Western Power Distribution