Hub Mentors follow up on the survival tactics your business can adopt to overcome COVID19 consequences
After the incredibly positive feedback received last week for the first edition of the Hub Mentors Panel Sessions, a second iteration of this free webinar has been scheduled for Thursday 16 April.
15 April 2020
The main theme for this second session will revolve again around the short term survival tactics SMEs and businesses in general can adopt to “reach the other side” in these turbulent times. Our mentors will cover some of the business support initiatives set up by the central government to back companies of all sizes. Anything from loan schemes to rent relief or job retention will be covered, so that the attendants can have a better idea of what options are available for their business and how they must proceed to benefit from them.
The good reception of our first panel session hinged on the complementarity of the business mentors selected and on their practical and down-to-earth approach. Once again, they will bring their varied and extensive experience in areas such as banking, finance or accountancy to the table, and explain what the different business support schemes can mean to local businesses.
If you are interested in joining this free online panel, visit the following link (limited places available):
The key speakers for this second edition will be:
- Andrew Blair, owner and director of 24 Keys marketing agency.
- “Successfully applying furloughing”.
- is the owner of a cloud-based marketing and accounting practice, with over 16 years of experience as Managing Director and Finance Director in the media sector. He will cover work furloughs and the process the company must follow to apply them.
- Russell Warner, founder of Westend Office Suites.
- “Rent and business rates relief schemes”.
- Russell is a Chartered Accountant and has worked in a number of financial roles in the industry.He currently runs Westend Office Suites which provides office space for new and growing businesses near Stonehouse. He will speak about rent relief and business rate relief schemes.
- Andy Kime, business guide at The Growth Hub.
- “Grants and loans for SMEs”.
- With over 17 years of experience in the banking business, Andy has worked in some of the largest international financial organisations. At present, he is one of The Growth Hub’s business guides, as well as a Hub Mentors collaborator. Andy will address the financial help available in the form of grants and loans for SMEs.
Hub Mentors, a programme set up by GFirst LEP and The Growth Hub, is planning new online webinars for the weeks ahead so stay alert for future topics they might cover. Thanks to this initiative every business in Gloucestershire will have the opportunity to receive up-to-date practical information from some of the most successful business leaders in the region.