We're Hiring! Careers Hub Manager
Could you be our Careers Hub Manager?
5 April 2023
Job title: Careers Hub Manager
Job type: Full-time, Fixed-term, Flexitime
Salary: Circa £40,000.00 per year
Work location: Hybrid remote in Gloucester, GL2 9HW
Application deadline: 30/04/23
Interview date: 17/05/23
- Create the vision, strategy and goals for Gloucestershire's Careers Hub with clearly defined and measurable outcomes that evidence sustained change in careers provision and progression opportunities for all young people.
- Build and implement a Careers Hub strategic plan that harmonises local economic and skills priorities.
- Lead and develop a fantastic team of staff who deliver the work streams and manage the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Build an accountability culture and climate where staff and stakeholders are empowered to achieve results. Embed a structured process for setting objectives, tracking progress and providing support and direction to address performance gaps.
- Establish a governance group of relevant local senior stakeholders to support and steer the direction of the Careers Hub and act as a guiding coalition to enable change.
- Build relationships and collaborate with careers providers such as Gloucestershire County Council’s Employment and Skills Hub, National Apprenticeship Service, National Careers Service, and Job Centre Plus to align national and local provision to enhance careers outcomes for young people.
- Demonstrable experience and success of leading and managing a multi discipline field-based team that works with multiple stakeholders.
- A strong track record of communicating with a variety of audiences, preferably in the education and careers sector.
- Strong evidence of initiating and managing the successful delivery of projects with impact and evaluation at their core to drive sustainable change.
- An understanding of relevant local and national policy relating to skills and economic development and the issues and barriers to employment faced by young people.
- A demonstrable understanding of post-16 landscape including National Apprenticeship Service, Uni-Connect, National Careers Service and T Levels.