We’re hiring! Enterprise Coordinator
Could you be our new Enterprise Coordinator?
29 March 2023
The GFirst Careers Hub has a vacancy for an Enterprise Co-ordinator (EC). This wide-ranging post supports the region’s secondary schools, special schools, alternative provisions and colleges, as well as employers, to ensure Gloucestershire’s young people have access to information and experiences that allow them to choose the best pathways and careers for them.
The Enterprise Co-ordinator plays a key role by using their skills, knowledge and networks to support schools and colleges with their careers and enterprise programmes and to help them meet their statutory requirements around careers information and guidance.
Our Enterprise Adviser Network in our Careers Hub allows employers to engage with schools and colleges in a meaningful and structured way. A part of the EC role is to recruit and train volunteer employers as part of the programme and match them with our institutions.
The work of the EC is very linked to the county skills agendas, as well as national strategies, but with the school/college, young person and employer at the heart of everything they do.
The role is most suited to those who enjoy working on a strategic but supportive level who can be encouraging but influential when meeting a broad range of stakeholders. They will be able to interpret complex or detailed information and present it in meaningful ways to that range of stakeholders.
An understanding or qualification in careers is desirable, but not essential, as well as experience of, or knowledge of, working with secondary schools/colleges.
This role is advertised on a full-time fixed-term basis until August 2024, however is likely to continue beyond this point once the annual funding has been confirmed.
About GFirst LEP & The Careers and Enterprise Company:
GFirst LEP is the Local Enterprise Partnership for Gloucestershire with the aim to promote economic growth across the county and is also a delivery partner of The Careers and Enterprise Company.
We support county economic growth projects, champion the local business voice and ensure that our young people are given the opportunities to develop their skills using the local business network and labour market information.
The Careers & Enterprise Company has been set up to inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work. It has established an Enterprise Adviser Network across England in partnership with Local Enterprise Partnerships, with over 200 full time Enterprise Coordinators now working with clusters of schools and colleges in Careers Hubs.
Enterprise Coordinators sit at the heart of the local Enterprise Adviser Network in order to help schools and colleges improve their careers and enterprise programmes and to engage with the world of work.
Working closely with the Hub Lead, our Enterprise Coordinators will ensure the Enterprise Adviser Network is embedded into the county’s skills strategy and make it easier for employers to engage with schools and colleges.
Through establishing the local and national contexts, Enterprise Coordinators will focus everyone’s efforts on programmes and activities that are most effective in motivating young people, supporting independent choice, and supporting positive outcomes for young people.
- Building Networks
- Supporting Careers Leaders
- Backing the Gatsby Benchmarks
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Flexible working hours
Key responsibilities of the Enterprise Coordinator role:
- Establishing and growing Gloucestershire's Careers Hub locally by engaging and supporting schools, colleges and Enterprise Advisers
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with senior leaders in local schools and colleges.
- Leading and co-ordinating relationships between the EA, the school/college and the wider network with a focus on impact and destination outcomes for young people.
- Ensuring all schools and colleges are completing compass evaluations, driving Gatsby Benchmark performance and therefore all young people are benefiting from high quality careers education.
- Acting as an ambassador for The Careers & Enterprise Company including raising the profile of the Careers Hub through communication and marketing channels to engage with key local stakeholders.
- Track the progress of your schools/colleges (using a variety of tools and resources), identifying trends, gaps and solutions.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and building relationships with leaders from schools, colleges and businesses.
- Demonstrable experience of leading the delivery of programmes or projects with multiple stakeholders.
- A strong track record of stakeholder engagement and management and of communicating with a variety of audiences, preferably in the education and careers sector.
- A demonstrable understanding of school culture and the challenges faced by schools in delivering careers and enterprise, and the current careers education and corporate social responsibility landscapes.
- An understanding of relevant local and national policy relating to skills and economic development and the issues and barriers to employment faced by young people.
- A demonstrable understanding of post-16 landscape including National Apprenticeship Service, Uni-Connect, National Careers Service and T Levels.
Skills and core competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuade and influence a variety of audiences and encourage others to use new ways of working.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships at all levels, both internally and with a range of external stakeholders.
- Proactive, with the ability to work independently, prioritising a busy workload, managing relationships with a large number of stakeholders and adapting conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Able to think and plan strategically to measure and drive performance.
- Adaptable, tenacious, determined, positive and resilient with the ability to deal with ambiguity in a changing environment.
- Competent use of a range of digital and IT and social media platforms in order to improve and raise awareness of the direct impact of the network.
Find out more about our education and skills work via our websites:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Circa £30,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Gloucester, GL2 9HW
Application deadline: 10/04/23
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.